Scallops and rainbow chard on wild rice
- 5-7 giant scallops
- 1 cup wild rice
- ½ cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup rainbow/Swiss chard
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ of a fresh lemon (or 1 tsp bottled lemon juice)
- 1.5 tbsp seasoning (garlic, onion, turmeric)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add 1 cup of wild rice. Reduce heat to medium-low and steam for 40-45 mins
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and pour into a baking dish
- Add the scallops and make sure they're drenched in the butter
- Optional: sprinkle bread crumbs onto the scallops
- Add half of the seasoning to the mixture and bake at 400F for 20 mins
- Cut the chard into bite-sized pieces and slice the cherry tomatoes into halves. Put an inch of water into a pan and add the rainbow chard and the cherry tomatoes. Squeeze the lemon over and simmer over medium heat, covered, for 3-5 minutes.
- When the rice is done, spoon onto plates and add several scallops, steamed chard and tomatoes to each plate. Drizzle the butter from the baking dish over everything. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning.