- 800 grams boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground red chili pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ onion chopped
- 490 ml (full jar) of organic butter chicken sauce (or make from scratch. Recipe not included here). We used Perfect Chef Organic Butter Chicken Sauce.
- 1 handful cilantro
- In a bowl, combine chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade (everything except for the sauce, ghee, onions and cilantro). Let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour (or overnight if time allows).
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. When sizzling, add chicken pieces in batches of two or three. Be sure not to crowd the pan. Brown each side (about 3 minutes per side. The chicken will finish cooking in the sauce later.) Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat butter or ghee in the same pan. Fry the onions until they start to sweat.
- Pour the jar of sauce in and let simmer for 15 mins
- Stir in the marinated chicken and cook for 8-10 mins on medium
- Garnish with cilantro