Maple Cashew Chocolate Bark
- 1½ cups roasted cashews
- 1 cup organic maple syrup, divided
- ¾ tsp sea salt divided
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 handful of maple sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Line 2 9x13" baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cashews,¾ cup of the maple syrup, ¼ tsp of salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally for 5 mins until the cashews are well coated.
- Spread the mixture onto on of the parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Allow to cool completely.
- To melt the chocolate: Fill a saucepan with 100 ml of water and bring to a boil. Place a slightly smaller, heat-safe bowl on top of the saucepan. Place the chocolate in the smaller bowl and stir frequently. Make sure all the chocolate melts consistently.
- Stir in the remaining maple syrup into the melting chocolate. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the chocolate maple syrup mixture onto the other parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread evenly, a few centimetres thick. You can use a rubber spatula or (clean) fingers.
- Pour the coated cashews over, pressing them into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a handful of maple sugar over everything.
- Refrigerate for around 60 minutes until set. Break into pieces.