Peanut butter Chicken Breast
- 1 large chicken breast (or 2 small)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ cup natural, organic peanut butter
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cilantro
- 1 small white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch piece of ginger
- 1 head of bok choy (or Swiss chard or other dark leafy green)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (honey recommended)
- Optional: ½ cup mushrooms (any kind)
- Cut up (thawed) organic chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken pieces to a large bowl with soy sauce to let the chicken marinate while preparing the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the peanut butter, chopped tomato, and chicken stock together until smooth. Next, add sweetener of choice, ground cumin, and cilantro.
- In a large pan, cook the chicken with the soy sauce in a thin layer undisturbed for 5 minutes over medium heat. Turn over and repeat for 5 minutes.
- Simultaneously, steam the bok choy/dark leafy greens.
- Add thinly sliced onion, garlic, and ginger (and mushrooms if including them) to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and let it cook for 3-5 more minutes over medium heat or until it thickens.
- Add the mixture to a bowl or plate and place steamed greens over top.
- Note: this dish goes well with rice or pasta.