Mulled Winter Wine Cocktail
- 750 ml bottle of dry red wine
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger)
- ½ tsp crushed anise
- ½ cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 oranges 1 sliced into rounds for the mix, 1 for garnish.
- In a saucepan, combine the wine, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice blend, anise, honey, and one orange sliced into rounds (place the orange sideways on a cutting board and cut off the top and bottom. Continue to cut the orange into thin slices). Bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour into mugs (ideally, glass mugs for better aesthetics) and garnish with an orange slice. Serve warm.If serving at a party, you can keep it warm in a slow cooker on the warm setting.