Vegan Teriyaki Tempeh Broccoli
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 226 grams package of tempeh cut into ¼ inch thick strips
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 226 grams (½ pound) fresh broccoli,, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces and steam for 3-4 minutes
- Cut the tempeh into slices
- In a separate pan, gently fry the garlic and ginger in a little olive oil, allowing it to brown.
- Add the tempeh to the garlic and ginger. Continue to fry gently over low heat.
- Once the tempeh has browned slightly, add the maple syrup and soy sauce and continue to fry over medium heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Optional: sprinkle chopped green onions or chives. To keep this meal low in carbs, serve as is. For a more filling meal, serve on a bed or rice or quinoa.