- 1 lb ground organic turkey
- 2 whole shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp oil of choice
- 1 can of red kidney beans or 1.5 cups of dried beans (soaked and ready)
- 3 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup canned corn
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
- Heat up oil in a deep pot. Add shallots and cook until transluscent. Then add the minced garlic and spices into the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrent.
- Add (thawed) ground turkey to the pot and cook until browned.
- Once browned, add the tomato paste and cook until it's a deep red.
- Add equal parts water and canned tomatoes to the pot. Stir and let simmer on medium-low heat.
- Add the beans and corn and let cook for 40 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Plate with avocado slices on top. Salt as desired. Recommended: serve with sourdough bread.