Arugula Pesto Pasta
- food processor or blender
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 2 cups pasta of choice. Suggestion: rigatoni
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion
- 1` teaspoon unpasteurized honey
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 slice lemon (optional)
- Cook pasta to the desired texture. Keep some of the pasta water aside after draining.
- Cook onion until fragrant. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the honey. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, grind parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Save some parmesan and pine nuts to sprinkle on top at the end.
- Once ingredients are well ground in the food processor or blender, add the mint and arugula. Drizzle olive oil as needed. Pulse slowly until you reach desired consistency.
- Add pasta to plate/bowl and mix in the pesto. Add the mushrooms and onions on top and sprinkle leftover pinenuts. Drizzle lemon for a little extra tang.