Fun Facts: Eggs
- Eggshell colours have nothing to do with flavour or nutritional value of the egg. Brown, white and even blue and green eggshells are simply indicative of the breed of hen.
- Both the egg white and yolk contain about 3 grams of protein each. One does not contain more protein than the other.
- Eggs are not a source of omega-3. Egg companies that make this claim use it as a marketing tool. If you’re looking to increase your intake, look to organic.
Rainbow Scrambled Eggs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp Green onions or chives Chopped
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves
- Mix the eggs and milk with a whisk or fork
- Turn the burner to medium. Pour the egg mixture into a greased pan
- Gradually mix in the tomatoes, green onions, and grated cheese
- Whisk until fluffy
- Toss in the cilantro or parsley, cayenne, and salt and pepper in the last 20 seconds