Délicieuse quiche québecoise
- 10-inch pie plate
- 1 whole pie crust
- 2 cups fiddleheads
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion (small) sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 0.5 cup 35% cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- 110 grams goat cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the fiddleheads by trimming the bottom stalks from the shoot. Then rinse well to rid the brown papery skins.
- Bring 6 cups of water and the salt to a rolling boil in a large pot.
- Sauté garlic and onions until browned
- Add fiddleheads and boil for about 10 minutes. Drain the fiddleheads in a colander and run under cold water to halt cooking. (The water may run light brown. This is fine.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Fit the pie crust into a 10-pie plate. Trim any overhanging dough.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks. Add the milk, cream, and salt. Whisk until everything is well combined. Add the garlic and onions.
- Spread the fiddleheads along the bottom of the pie crust. Add the garlic and onions. Crumble goat cheese over the fiddleheads.
- Pour the egg and milk mixtures over the fiddleheads and goat cheese.
- Bake until the centre of the quiche has set and the top is golden brown. (Approx. 40 mins). Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!