- 1 pie crust homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups fresh broccoli chopped roughly
- 3 green onions cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs (for a vegan alternative: use an egg replacement powder or silken tofu.)
- 1 cup 3.8% milk. (If using a milk alternative, oat milk works best.)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (if using a vegan alternative, be sure it melts well)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat the olive in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped broccoli, onions, and garlic. Add a little salt and pepper and cook for several minutes, tossing a few times until broccoli is tender.
- If making your own pie crust, bake it for 8 minutes. If using a store-bought pie crust (make sure it's thawed fully if frozen), warm it for 3 minutes in the oven.
- Egg filling: add the eggs, milk, and parmesan cheese to a mixing bowl and whisk well. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Layer ¾ cup of the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese into the bottom of the warm pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes.