- 6 red apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 cup oats (with or without gluten)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix together the oats, maple syrup and ⅔ of the butter or coconut oil.
- Add one tbsp of butter or coconut oil to a pan and melt over medium heat. Add the apples and gently cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon into the pan, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a baking dish and top with the oat mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream or ice cream alternative.